Monday, January 19, 2015

my impressions of the Catcher in the Rye Novel :

                                            My First Impressions Are:

1.) My first impression of Holden was very negative. He seemed to not care much about anything. He wasn't doing very well in school and he was failing in life basicly. I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to do this in life. He isn't a hard working individual that contributes to society so he should not complain about anything. Any problem he has in life is his own fault.

2.)  Holden seems to have a resentment towards football and finds it useless and unappealing. If I were to meet him, I don't think I would be friends with him, because I woundn't enjoy someone that's always negative. However, I think that he can change, because it is shown that he does have a polite side and is trying to better himself as shown when he talks to Mrs. Spencer and curse less often than before as well as when he states that he is trying to smoke less.

3.) He criticizes other people and things really fast and he looks negatively on certain things like his school or roommates.He kind of makes fun of them and is seeing himself over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment